Careers | Jobs
At Ongresso we are always happy to get to know talented people interested in working with us. If you are one of them, tell us a bit about yourself, why you would like to work for Ongresso and how you think you would add value to our team.
Please send us your resume and describe your suitability and motivation for this position.
Our current job offers
Project Manager - Colombia (Medellin or Bogota based)
At Ongresso, we believe in the massive untapped economic potential of Latin America despite the various challenges the region faces, including the current Covid-crisis.
We are an international, multilingual team of interdisciplinary experts, and it is our diversity that unites us into an innovative and strong team that always achieves the best results for our clients. We are able to accomplish our mission by providing an array of services that assist Western businesses with market entry and continued, successful operation in Latin America.
For our growing business in Colombia we are looking for a
Project Manager – Colombia (Medellin or Bogota based)
The Project Manager manages demanding key client projects in Colombia such as Market Investigations, Market Entry Strategies, Site Visits, Due Diligence, etc.
This opportunity calls for an extraordinarily detail-oriented, organized, and proactive person. A lot of industry specific information must be learned quickly. Correspondence with Clients must be prompt, accurate, and concise. If you don’t think you can handle multitasking across projects and industries, this job is not for you.
- Coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope
- Build and maintain excellent rapport with the Client and all stakeholders throughout the project phase
- Strive for Client satisfaction at all times (Customer Journey)
- Oversee all aspects of the projects (project definition & planning, onboarding/kick-off, execution, report writing, presentation, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage internal and external resources for the seamless execution of projects (build project team, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, manage junior staff / external experts / stakeholders, monitor project progress etc.)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop and improve tools and techniques to track and measure project progress and performance
- Support the sales team, e.g. in structuring offers and Client acquisition
- Proactively communicate with upper management
- Attend conferences and events as they pertain to particular projects
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in our project management process through benchmarking, analysis, internal training
Requirements, Skills, Proficiencies:
- The ideal candidate puts the Client first, can adapt to changing requirements, delivers results under pressure and keeps control of various projects simultaneously, as well as leads, trains and motivates his/her collaborators.
- Previous experience in project management
- A highly organized and detail-oriented personality is critical
- Previous experience in conducting market research, data analysis, interview techniques, report writing is a plus
- Excellent communicator (positive communication with Clients and stakeholders is of key importance)
- Strong work ethic
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish (ideally a bi-lingual native speaker)
- Other languages, especially German, is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English & Spanish)
- Team player with positive energy and humor
- Previous experience in process improvement and performance management is a plus
Colombia work visa: Ongresso will assist any foreign applicant who is offered the position with obtaining a work visa and will cover the expense.
Interested? Please send us your CV and motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: ‘Project Manager position @ Ongresso’). If you surprise us with a video message you win extra points 😀
REMOTE INTERNSHIP: MARKETING/CONTENT CREATION - Worldwide
REMOTE INTERNSHIP: MARKETING/CONTENT CREATION
Ongresso is currently looking for an English speaking remote intern to help with content creation.
Are you interested in researching and writing informative articles about international business topics and current events? Do you see the great potential of Latin America and have a special interest in learning more about international expansion?
This is your opportunity to build your resume working for an international company headquartered in Medellín, Colombia. You will gain work experience while learning more about business in Latin America from the comfort of your home (or the library).
Ongresso is a multinational company with offices in Colombia and Peru. We assist companies with successful entry and long-term growth in Latin America. Our daily challenges include overcoming cultural barriers and providing high-quality market entry consulting services based on our 10 years of experience.
Our communications team is looking for a motivated working student who will support us in documenting important economic and political developments in Latin America in addition to blogging about what it takes to successfully open and/or operate a business in the region.
You will support our Marketing and Communications team in content creation by researching jointly defined topics and writing short blogs to be shared on our website (approx. 1-2 blogs/week). Topics range from current events in economics and politics to FAQ’s for market entry and business operation in Latam to industry specific analyses (Mining, Cleantech, Orange Economy, etc.) in the Pacific Alliance countries: Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.
- Currently enrolled at a university pursuing a degree in communication or journalism
- Interested in Latin America and its socio-economic occurences
- Good analytical and editorial skills in English
- Spanish skills are a plus
- Independent and detail-oriented way of working
- Curious and proactive
WHAT ONGRESSO OFFERS YOU
- Internship credit from a foreign, multinational company
- Your contributions will be published under your name on our website which can serve as official references of your work samples to share on LinkedIn or in future job interviews. This is an opportunity to build your own personal network by benefitting from the reach of ours
- We offer you flexibility in terms of time and workload
- A remote intern will have the opportunity to be selected for a future on-site internship at Ongresso headquarters in Colombia
- Professional references and letter of recommendation
Interested? Please send your CV and letter of motivation (in English) to: email@example.com